Day 3 -- Bananna Leafs and a Crash

I woke up on Thursday, April 9th to tropical thunder and lightning. It was a sight to see and I tried to take a picture but it didn't turn out -- Bummer! I was up early especially to take in the exquisite G complimentary breakfast. I wasn't disappointed ...

The breakfast had features of a traditional Chinese, south Indian, and what I'd classify as American. I loaded up with a little bit of everything, and omelette, some noodles, some seafood, fresh papaya and pineapple, grilled tomato, banana bread, Chinese fried bread, sticky buns, sliced beef, and a prune to top it off. There was this Chinese jello like substance which tasted like noodles and had a seemingly green egg yolk inside ... some Chinese food is a little out there! I washed it all down with chocolate milk and water! BAM-Z!



After breakfast I caught the shuttle to work and met a guy from Costa Rica, Manuel. He was also visiting and works at Intel. This was his fourth visit to Penang so he offered up some good advice about places to eat and things to see. I'm excited to get out and do some hiking and look at the flora and fauna native to the area.



Lunch was awesome! Some co-workers took me to eat some traditional South Indian cuisine at a place called Passion of Kerala. The food was served on a banana leaf and was crazy delicious. Apparently the banana leaf excretes some digestive aids when the hot rice hits it! Cool, but is that why my pooh wasn't solid that night!?! I'm sure it's unrelated or possibly the prune from breakfast! In any case, I highly recommend this style of eating, especially at $3 USD / person! I didn't take the pic but that's what it looked like!

Then, the Crash -- The international travel finally caught up with me. As soon as I made it back to the hotel on Thursday I zonked hard in my hotel room and woke up at 3 AM. I've gotta figure out how to get back on the Penang time!

1 comment:

  1. Hey I didn't know you stopped over in Hong Kong. Nice, Jen and I didn't make it there this trip.

    ReplyDelete